Saturday, April 21, 2018

gaze


April 20th, 10:40 AM.  As of a couple of days ago  Doug is now awake, off the ventilator, doing well, they moved him to another room.

Trying to psych myself up for working on the drawing of Pope Francis.  Could start with his face, his raised hand, or his cross pendant.  I found four other images of him I'd like to do, one or two in ink and maybe one - maybe - in watercolor pencils.  Or maybe not, his attire has such a delicate cream color it would be  so easy to screw up.  The main thing is that he's got his positivity shining in each one.  Got a closeup of his crucifix pendant to get the details right, and another with the necklace links details.  I'm using an 8" x 10" tablet.  Medium texture so I don't think I'll be able to go as subtle or smooth as I'd hope to on shading.

I like this Pope.  A lot.   Never thought I'd be able to say that of a Pope.

Pen and ink...wondering if I should spend the money to get some good nibs and ink, or one of the pen sets I saw at the store, or stick with ballpoint.  Ballpoint I can control how softly it goes on, unless other kinds of ink pens....then again I want something that looks a little more professional for sales.
The Korsakov Sundae has been laid out.  I've mapped out and transferred most of the details on a joke image.  I won't say what it is except it would make a nice t-shirt or poster.  I have to make some alterations in the details.  One major element, though small, is confusing in black and white, so i may make a substitution - one rose image for another, and shorten the stem as it hides a face I also need to change.

I'm looking at Pinterest as a way of keeping images to work from or be inspired by, or simply remind me of things to get to someday.  I'm downloading tons of images and I'd rather not keep them cluttering up my computer.  Someone  also suggested Instagram as a way of selling my work once I have something to sell.

@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

I've finished the watercolor pencil painting but still can't find the chord for the camera!

@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

Been listening to the band Múm a lot since I got here, their  'Finally We Are No One' has become one of my favorite albums, especially the final and first three tracks.  I've also just found Eric Woolfson's 'Freudiana' on YT - finally!  It had a limited release as an Alan Parson's Project album but I didn't know and missed my chance to have it.  Have yet to listen, and looking forward to it.

@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@


2.5 x 3.5", watercolor pencils.  Not bad for still being relatively new to this medium.



Ladybugs are a bit of personal symbolism for me for reasons I'll keep private.  I've decided to think of them as redemptive or vindicative.  Something like that.  More widely ladybugs are seen as a sign of good luck and abundance.  I have at least three in my room this very moment.  They are also called ladybirds (though not by anyone I've ever heard speak), which is apt for this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment