Sunday, May 13, 2018

First Mother's Day Since

Oh.  damn.  That was appropriate.  Jesseca and Brian went for a walk along the trails out back and brought back a couple of young trees to transplant.  One is a nice Oak.  I didn't do much but did get out there in time to help a little, first tree planted.   I was sending it vibes and visualizations of roots reaching out, the vast resource of the Earth beneath it, reaching up, seeing it  cycle through the branches and leaves, a cycle the tree will be a part of, strong and thriving, nurturing.  Does it help?  Does it work?  Hell if I know, but trees do have psychic links all their own.  Don't scoff, it's been studied.  Look it up.  I did that with two trees and a bush at home (unhappy sigh) that were dying, and they flourished.  I had to leave them behind, of course.

Mom had been concerned about them and was happy they lived.  I was trying not to think too much about that as we were replanting this tree.

I just realized it's Mother's Day.  The first since.  I think this Oak will make it.  If it  doesn't I don't wanna know.  If the new owners back home rip out all the trees and bushes, I don't want to know that either. 

Dana said this can be got through.  She spoke from personal experience.  I wish I could talk with her, bot for my sake and for hers.  Not about us, just...about getting by.  Just as friends.  I wish she trusted me with her story.  She knows I'd listen, and she knows I'd hear it. 

Hopefully I'll work on Pope Francis today but if I do it will be because I force myself.  Which I damn well should, I know it.   It's necessary, it's money.  For art's sake I'm not feeling it, which can't play a factor on this.  I have to put that away.  If I were established then maybe I could take a day or so aside.  So close.  Just a day or so.  Pellgrino will be easy and must be done in the brightest light for the delicacy of the shading.  Hand should be teased out the way I did the face and forehead (which also isn't finished yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment