Saturday, March 3, 2018

Forward Motion

Trying to reconfigure in Hillsboro.  I'll only be here about a week, then it's New York.  This can't become a stall.

Let's see if video will load this time...


Hmm.  The video option for Blogger may be useless.  That's the sculpt-in-progress I reported two posts ago.  


...and that's the old man puppet from Peter and the Wolf at YMA, the vid that would not upload t all a few months ago.

These are appearing before me as still images in the text box.  I hope that when I post they will become playable vids, though it looks like all detail will be scrubbed out.  Well, I put the first one on Facebook.  (edit - ah, yeah, they can go fullscreen if you click.  Nice!)

As said in an earlier post, the sculpt is being taken from the comic book figure market, which explains the proportions and high heels.  I'll learn from that and then find my own voice   The old man was made back around '81, and there's a love story behind it.

I'm going to try to work out a few small cards for quick images.  I have a really rough prelim sketch for Mina and the Moon, enough to have figured out the flow I want, a forward sweep fro Mina and the overall direction I want to leas the eyes.  I still have the crayons with me, and a tablet.  I can do a test of the colors but I haven't the body language yet.  I've a box of figures and a poseable model that might help.

Between Kris and Lore, I have way too much stuff I'm trying to keep.  How the hell all this can be shipped I don't know.  Still don't really have the time to relax I was hoping for in the interim.

John took an unnecessary swipe at me yesterday, for no fathomable reason.  Lied, too - he's mad at me for following his own goddamn instructions?  Or for not cleaning up his mess as well as my own, when he's not done with the house and is gonna keep making a mess?  "The house is trashed" or some such - I saw the message.  That's an outright lie.  And he saw the trailer and approved, now he acts surprised that things in it got wet (what did he think was going to happen??) - or that I didn't use larger garbage bags which he knew weren't there.  Fucking god, some people can't be pleased but at least don't lie about me.  Seriously, why post that kind of bullshit hostility at me?  

He never lived in that house.  To him it's just a house.  I just lost my home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment